LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Power Down

Power Down - Ben Coes I won this book through the First Reads Giveaway!

Power Down was one of the most amazing books I have read in a long time. I absolutely LOVE how Ben Coes tells a story. He tells it from one person's point of view, rewinds a few sentences and then goes to another character in the book and talks about how they view it or what they are going through during the same time period. This is Ben Coes first book and I hope that there are many more to come, I am a dedicated fan now. In the synopsis for Power Down, they compare Ben Coes to Vince Flynn which I think is a grave injustice to both writers. Being a fan of Flynn also, having read a lot of his books and then comparing it to Coes, the only similarities I see are that they focus on government issues and they are both great writers. Amazing. The way Coes developed the main character, Dewey Andreas, and made him so imperfect was also a big hit with me. I love it when the main hero is flawed and doesn't come out of gun battles unscathed and you don't see that too often. I am definately impatiently waiting the next installment of Dewey Andreas ... hopefully there will be one! Great job, Coes!