LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

A Midnight Clear

A Midnight Clear - Kristi Astor I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads Contest on 11/02/2010 and received my copy of A Midnight Clear on 11/08/2010.

I'm sure almost all women have had that one guy that they saw from afar and have always wondered about. It's a girls dream to have that guy wondering about them too! This is the situation that the book opens up with and I was hooked from the first sentence!

Despite it's racy-ness, this book was very sweet and heartwarming. I've never read a Kristi Astor book, but I really like her style of writing. She makes you love the characters (or hate them) very quickly and easily - getting you attached to their plight or whatever else is going on in their world. I don't read a lot of romance novels, I'm pretty picky - I don't like a lot of the gushy, pathetic female/male savior romance novels out there and A Midnight Clear was not the stereo-typical historical romance novel. I just can't explain how Kristi Astor is different with her writing. She reminded me a lot of Judith McNaught. Needless to say, I'm already rereading A Midnight Clear and I'll definately read all of her past stuff and things that come out in the future. Great book!!