LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
Jaleigh Johnson
Forbidden
Lori Adams
One Tiny Lie
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes series)

Never a Gentleman - Eileen Dreyer I won Never a Gentleman through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway on 03/07/2011!

When some authors write a series of books, most of the time they are stand alones also - you don't have to read the other books in the series to understand what is going on. This is not the case with Eileen Dreyer. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the book. The only problem was that in the beginning, I was a little lost. I had no idea what was going on or who certain people were because you don't get much of a background on secondary characters in the beginning. I wish that I had read the first book in the series first. I felt like I was missing out on some things.

That being said, I really did like Dreyer's way of writing. I couldn't put this book down, I read it in 2 days! Everything flowed very well, the characters and plots were well balanced. I found myself being mad at the hero and then loving him. I'm assuming that this is what the author wanted you to experience. I'll definately read this book again and I'm absolutely going to look for the next one in the series - after, of course, I get my hands on the first book in the series.

Great summer read - read the first in the series before this one, if possible.