LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

The Medusa Amulet: A Novel

The Medusa Amulet - Robert Masello I won this book through the Goodreads First Read Giveaway on 04/08/2011 and received it on 04/20/2011!

This is one of the best books I have read in a long time!!! I absolutely love how Masello wove fiction and history together to make this wonderfully mysterious and gripping story. Masello really grabs you by the collar and pulls you into the storyline quite quickly and then yanks you around a little. That sounds really horrible ... but it's amazing!! You really think that the story is going into one direction and then all of the sudden, then you do a 180 and you wondering what in the world just happened.

I really enjoy reading books that pull from history. Masello really knows his stuff. Reading The Medusa Amulet made me research a lot of the facts that he put into his book. Granted, this is fictional, this is not a true story. But a lot of it is based on speculation and actual facts. Fabulous!!

If you like Dan Brown or Steve Berry, this is an author that you'll fall in love with immediately. His writing style is a little different from Brown and Berry, but it's just as enchanting. I wish that I didn't have other books that I need to get through, because I would be rereading this one!

Great book, you have to give it a shot!!!