LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
Jaleigh Johnson
Forbidden
Lori Adams
One Tiny Lie
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Lucky Stiff (Lucky O'Toole Vegas Adventures)

Lucky Stiff (Lucky O'Toole Vegas Adventures) - Deborah Coonts I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway on 12/19/2010 and received it on 12/27/2010!

I'm still reading this book ... usually I don't write a review until I'm done ... but for some reason I'm having a really hard time pushing through Lucky Stiff. I put it down and then forget about it. I like books that hook me in the beginning and then I can't put down because I want to know the rest of what is going on ... but this one, I just don't know. I'm going to push through it and see where it goes - that is just difficult when I seem to not be interested in it for some reason. Let me clarify - it's not BAD ... just a bunch of words to me - I'm not invested in the story yet. There are so many things going on, the bees, a murder, someone auctioning off virginity, a singer trying to make it big, a gambling scheme ... I just feel like I was thrown into the deep end and I never got the chance to check the temp of the water ... sounds weird, I know, that was the first description that came to mind when I was writing this. Hopefully I can get through this book ... I owe it a chance and that is what I'm going to give it. No matter what ...

Okay, I made it 20 more pages since I wrote the above paragraph and I still can't get into this book. As of right now, I'll give the book 2.5 stars ... I have decided to put it down, read another book and come back to this one after I'm done. A lot of other people really like this book, so maybe I'm just in the wrong mindset for it right now. I feel a little guilty not finishing it right now, but not guilty enough to force myself to read it. I'll see you in a week, Lucky Stiff. Hopefully, the second time is the charm!