LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

The Prey: A Novel

The Prey - Allison Brennan Brennan was a new author for me when I started reading The Prey. I wasn't really sure what to think. I always get nervous trying someone new. But I was really pleasantly surprised!!

Brennan is a fabulous story weaver. I don't know if that is even something that you can be, but it is now! She wrote such an incredible story with so much depth ... it was just really good and I was totally impressed.

The way that she would delve into the past and not bore me to death was a pretty appealing side effect to her writing ... I've read so many authors that will try and do what Brennan has flawlessly done with the flashbacks and all of that and just completely maul and destroy the story that they were trying to tell.

I will definitely be reading some more Allison Brennan books ... getting ready to pick up the next in the Predator series and I can't wait. She's at the top of my favorite author list now.

If you're on the fence about picking this book up, give it a chance. I think that you'll find a new favorite!!