LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Everneath

Everneath - Brodi Ashton Everneath was actually really good. I picked up this book initially because of the cover ... it's gorgeous and it caught my eye. I know, I know ... that's a horrible way to pick out a book. But let's face it, when a book has a striking cover, we gravitate to it - that's just how it is.

I was really pleasantly surprised with how good it was. Some of these ya books out there get hyped up and then the fall flat. Hard. But this one didn't. The writing was great, there were a few places where I would have wanted further exploration into the scene, but that was about it. No complaints. The characters were really well written and thought out, I really never had any questions about their standpoints on anything or why they were acting a certain way.

Just an all around good book! Pretty interesting with how the story develops, I didn't think that it would end like that ... Ashton definitely gives you a run for your money if you're trying to figure out ahead of time who did what or how it's going to end.

I'll definitely be reading this one again by the pool this summer! Can't wait for the next in the series.