LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins I have a HUGE problem with Wendy Higgins. HUGE. Why in the world hasn't she written a book before now?!? I absolutely adored her style of writing. Not that it was anything different from other great writers ... but being that she IS a great writer is the style that I adored, I guess.

I've read so many of these YA writers that seem to talk down to the reader. If that even makes sense. It's almost as if they think that the YA readers, who their book was intended for, are stupid or slow. But I didn't get that feeling from Higgins. And if part of the book wasn't in a high school, I think that it could easily transform into an adult book. Not adult like 50 Shades ... but adult as in not young adult. Anyway, this book was really great.

I haven't read a lot of the angel/demon books that are out there, but if I had, I'm sure that this book would be at the top of my favorite list - as it is now. The character progression was amazing. Is that even a phrase? The way that the character was introduced to you was wonderful. Higgins really made it feel like you were meeting a new friend when she was describing everyone.

Just an amazing book. I could go on and on about it, but I'm afraid if I start delving too deep, that I will give all of the secrets away.

LOVE! I can't wait for the next one ... hopefully it won't be too long ... hint hint nudge.