LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Save Me

Save Me - Lisa Scottoline I won this book through the Goodreads First Read Giveaway on 04/07/2011 and received my copy on 05/17/2011!

First off, I absolutely love the way that Scottoline writes. I've read quite a few of her books and I've never been let down. Save Me just missed the mark in my mind. I can't quite put my finger on as to why. Sometimes it felt like the book moved too fast and didn't delve into the story as I'm so accustomed to with other Scottoline books, but it could also be because this book was really disturbing. I am a mother and I can't imagine being put into that impossible situation and having to read about it was really hard. So the reason I don't like the book may be because it really hit me hard. The characters also didn't seem fully evolved.

This isn't a book that you'll forget about, that is for sure. It will really hit home with a lot of parents, if not every single one. We all have this "what if" fear that we hope we will never have to face. I have found myself thinking about the basis for this book quite frequently. It really makes you wonder, what WOULD you do? How could you judge who is more important? Could you put another child ahead of your own?

Part of me wishes that I hadn't won this book just so that these seeds of doubt and worry wouldn't be embedded in my mind, but another part of me is thankful that that I did win, so that I could think about it. I just have such mixed feelings. I'll probably hide this book away for a while and pick it up again in a few months just to see if the read goes any differently next time.