LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

A Dangerous Inheritance [Hardcover]

A Dangerous Inheritance - Alison Weir I won this book through the Goodreads First Read Giveaway!

So many thoughts are going through my mind on this one and I don't really know where to start. The book was amazingly written. Very descriptive and the language used seemed to be accurate to the period. It really left you with no questions.

Here it is. The big BUT. Maybe it's because I had to pick this book up and put it down so many times ... I'm a stay at home mom ... but it was confusing going between Kate and Katherine (both of whom had someone named Jane in their lives) and THEN there was a Kat ... it was just too much. I'd have to re-read a paragraph or two just so that I could get back into who it was that I was reading about.

Pretty confusing and it lasted that way until the end. But I don't think that Alison Weir's concept could have been delivered a different way. The manner in which she told the story couldn't have been written in a "traditional" way. It had to skip between those characters frequently.

It was good ... I just don't know that I'll read it again. It took a while for me to get through this and I still feel a little confused as to why the second Katherine was even involved in the story ... but I can see that I'm in the minority on that one, so it was probably just a personal thing.

Don't get me wrong, Weir is an awesome writer and I would probably try another of her books in the future.