LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One

Hounded - Kevin Hearne I won Hounded through the Goodreads First Read Giveaway on 10/03/2012!

I don't even know where to start ... great book, first of all. I've been reading more and more fantasy/paranormal books lately and this one goes to the top of the list. Very fast-paced read that keeps you hooked from the moment you read that first page.

That being said ... I was a little confused in the beginning. I've not read a ton of books in this category and the characters were a little hard to keep straight at first. Thank goodness I've read others like this because I had a bit of knowledge of who all of the people/god/creatures were. Otherwise, I don't really know how it would have gone.

That out of the way, I just really enjoyed the main characters attitude and the things he would say were hilarious! I think that Oberon and Hal are tied for my second favorite character in the book. I just didn't expect so much humor and everything when I won this book.

So, so good. I'll definitely be picking up a few more in the series to see if Hearne can keep it up but I have a big hunch that he will. A new favorite!