LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Crime of Privilege: A Novel

Crime of Privilege: A Novel - Walter Walker I won Crime of Privilege through the Goodreads First Read Giveaway on 12/31/2012 and received it on 01/15/2013!

This book wasn't BAD but it wasn't my cup of tea. It was a little confusing when I first started ... the story jumps around quite a bit and I didn't know if what I was reading was going on right now in the character's lives or if it was in the past and they were reflecting upon it. Granted, that could be because I'm not able to just sit down and read for hours at a time. I'm a stay at home mom and I frequently have to stop and start reading. If I had had the time to just sit down and dive into the book for a couple of hours, I might feel differently, but that's no guarantee.

I have read many different authors and therefore, many different kinds of writing techniques. I just couldn't connect with any of the characters or even the author on what he was trying to get across. It was a little boring. I don't need a book to jump out at me, grab me by the arm and pull me along, but I'd like for something to at least grab my attention a little bit. The characters were just ... hum drum. That's the only description that comes to mind.

I really hate giving bad reviews on books. Especially ones that were sent to me for the sole purpose of a review. But that's how things fell this time.