LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

The Demon Trapper's Daughter: A Demon Trappers Novel

The Demon Trapper's Daughter  - Jana Oliver I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway on 12/01/2010 and received by 12/11/2010!

I read hundreds of books each year. I have read some amazing books so far this year and I would have to say that The Demon Trapper's Daughter has to have been my absolute favorite!!

From the very first page, Jana Oliver had me hooked. She is a perfect example of a great writer whose books will become the new rage. Her character development was perfect, you came to love and sympathize with them or hate them all together. I think that a great writer will get the reader to have an emotional response to what is going on within the pages, this seems to be Oliver's specialty.

Writing about the struggle between good and evil isn't exactly a new endeavor in the literary world. What is unique is the way that Oliver went about weaving the story. The concept that she came up with (demons walking around terrorizing society with trappers hunting them down and catching them) was interesting and gripping.

There was one thing that I was a little upset about ... Oliver left the ending wide open and I'll have to wait months for the next installment! The wait will be too long, but in the meantime, I'll be rereading The Demon Trapper's Daughter MANY times!

Amazing book, a must read!!!

As a little side note, Jana Oliver has put out a short and sweet prequel to The Demon Trapper's Daughter - it's called Retro Demonology and it's free through Kindle!! It's a great look into what The Demon Trapper's Daugher is about! And, as always, it was amazing!