LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

The Impaler

The Impaler - Gregory Funaro I won this book through the Goodreads First Read Giveaway on 02/02/2011 and received my copy on 02/07/2011!

The Impaler. I just don't know where to start. I just finished this book and everything is still really fresh. The first thing that comes to mind is that it was a good book. There were a couple of points I want to hit on. The first is that this is a super, SUPER detailed book. I really enjoyed the astrological aspect of it. My problem was that when I was reading some of these parts, I felt like it could really be it's own stand alone book. I would get so into what one of the characters was talking about in respect to the signs and constellations that getting back into the actual story was a bit of a fight in the middle of the book. Don't get me wrong, everything fit together really well. Gregory Funaro is a phenomenal writer. Sometimes it may have been just a little much, for me anyway.

It was also interesting how Funaro detailed the villan in the story. The way that he got into the villans head in a way that I haven't read by an author in a long time and was quite captivating. It reminded me a bit of Thomas Harris and his style of writing.

If you like books that are psychological and twisted, this is a perfect book for you. The Impaler really creeped me out. Knowing that there are people out there who are like the villan makes you want to go check the locks on your doors and windows four or five times before you go to bed. Being able to touch on that is what makes an amazing writer. I love it when authors can make me cry, get angry or scare the pants off of me and Funaro definately delivered on the latter.