LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Opal (A Lux Novel)

Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout Finally, Daemon and Katy get their act together and finally behave like a couple! I really don't have any negatives with this book ... if I did ... you know that I'd point it out.

This book pretty much runs the same as the previous two in the Lux series. With a few twists. More than a few twists. The ending completely threw me for a loop. I've read so many books that I can usually pin-point the bad guy pretty close to the beginning of the book and I really couldn't with this one. I thought that something was a little hinky with one of the characters and then it seemed to resolve itself and before you know it ... BAM!! ... mind blown.

There was one point at the end of the book where I just had to sit there ... I was so stunned. I'll just tell you this, there was a huge betrayal. Major. Epic. For some reason, this betrayal just came out of left field for me. I don't know why. I should have guessed it!! But Jennifer Armentrout is a tricky author. She writes stories that are so ... normal. You feel like you're there, you know? And then she pulls some twisted plot whirlpool out of nowhere and you feel like the rug has been yanked out from under you.

I think that is a sign of a good author ... if someone can keep me guessing, you're a good author. I mean, I watch Criminal Minds. That makes me an expert in like ... everything ... right? If only!

Anyway ... great 3rd installment in this series ... I'm interested to see where else Armentrout can take this.