LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
Jaleigh Johnson
Forbidden
Lori Adams
One Tiny Lie
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Princess Charming (Legendary Lovers #1)

Princess Charming - Nicole Jordan I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads Contest on 01/30/2012 and received it on 02/06/2012!

First things first ... I absolutely adored this book!! I read the whole thing within 24 hours and I really hated having to go to sleep and put Princess Charming down. Nicole Jordan is a really talented author that I wish I had known about years ago.

Here's the deal. I'm not a big romance novel reader. I usually like murder mysteries or spy novels but sometimes I get a hankering (yes, I said hankering - it's the only word that fits) for a romance novel and that isn't very often. But I'm super glad that I was in the mood for one when this contest was going on because I discovered an amazing author.

Okay, down to the nitty gritty. I really couldn't find anything that I didn't like with the story line. It was sweet and suspenseful and charming and funny and on and on and on. The characters were great and I found myself really excited to see what they would do next because it was never predictable. She wrote each of these people in the story like they were after someone she knew ... they all seemed like real people with real flaws, real strengths and real weaknesses.

There was only one thing that REALLY bothered me. And this is going to sound silly ... but it was the word 'sweeting'. Man, every time the Ash character said this word, I wanted to punch him. I don't have any clue as to why that word bothered me so much ... but it did. But that was my only issue with this awesome book.

I feel like I'm behind ... I'm going to have to catch up on all of Nicole Jordan's works because I'm sure that they are just as good as this one.

Amazing book ... pick it up if you like a sweet romance with some intrigue!