LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Warlord: An Alex Hawke Novel

Warlord  - Ted Bell I won this book through the Goodreads First-Read Giveaway on September 7th, 2010!

Synopsis of Warlord - Alex Hawke is an M16 operative who has seemingly lost his will to live and everyone around him notices. His life in Bermuda centers around drinking, smoking and mourning the loss of his love a year before. All of this changes when Prince Charles calls him and asks a personal favor of him - to find the man/woman behind the threats to the royal family.

First thoughts after finishing Warlord - Why in the world haven't I read Ted Bell before?!?

Ted Bell wove a story line that is intricate and full of little surprises - like including Princess Di - and his knowledge of military/government made this book read like it was coming from a news story. While reading Warlord, I found myself skimming the pages because I wanted to find out what happened next but when I found that I was missing important details, I went back and re-read. This was an amazing book that I will read over and over. Warlord happens to be part of a series ... but if you've not read the other books (like me) you will not be lost in the story line; it just makes you want to go back and read everything you can get your hands on about Alex Hawke. Great book!!