LittleMissBookmark

Little Miss Bookmark

Just a blog about books ... the good, the bad and the very ugly.

I'm not ashamed to say that I totally judge a book by it's cover.

The Mark of the Dragonfly
Jaleigh Johnson
Forbidden
Lori Adams
One Tiny Lie
K.A. Tucker
The Book Thief
Markus Zusak

Undaunted (A Stan Turner Mystery #1)

Undaunted (A Stan Turner Mystery #1) - William Manchee I won Undaunted through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway on 12/02/2010 and received my copy on 12/13/2010.

I just finished reading Undaunted and I feel like something was taken from me in a way. I was so excited to read this book and through the whole thing, the book felt a bit robotic. Like someone just had a ton of ideas for the book and jotted them down. I hate to say that, but it's my honest opinion.

Undaunted also skipped around. It will be one month in the book and then the next paragraph it will be 3 months later. But in the middle of all of that, there will be a sentence that goes back to something that happened 5 months ago and weighs no bearing on the situation at hand, it just felt like random unnecessary facts.

There were also so many characters that showed up for a sentence or two and then they came back later - I always had to flip back through the book and try to find their name so that I knew what in the world was going on in the story.

The premise of the book really intrigued me - it was a great idea that I think just needed some more feeling behind it. To clarify - it needed more feeling than just - eh.